Thursday, August 5, 2010

Prizzi's Honor

I think since I saw The Godfather last year I've been seeing more crime-based movies.

Charley Partanna (Jack Nicholson) is a hitman who works for the Prizzis, one of the richest crime syndicate families in the country. Unbeknowst to Charley, the Prizzis just hired free-lance killer Irene Walker (Kathleen Turner) to eliminate someone who double-crossed them. When Irene and Charley fall in love, their jobs become complicated.

Now I like the occasional crime comedy, but this just didn't work for me. Don't get me wrong. I liked it. It's just that it felt a little...off for me. Turner plays the ideal femme fatale while Nicholson is the unfortunate man to fall into her trap.

My Rating: ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.