Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Match me, Sidney."

For those who haven't seen it, the title references to a famous line uttered by Burt Lancaster in Sweet Smell of Success, a movie I can now say is a favorite of mine.

We see it all the time. Celebrities looking cool and/or sexy with a cigarette dangling from their mouths or suave with a cigar or a pipe. It usually makes people want to smoke so they'll be like their favorite actors, so much so they'd be willing to get cancer just to be like an actor. To me, that's just sad.

So what was I saying? Oh yeah, the post. This will be more of a photo essay, so to speak, of actors smoking and looking good doing it.
Lauren Bacall
Humphrey Bogart
Montgomery Clift
Gary Cooper
Tony Curtis
Bette Davis
James Dean
Johnny Depp
Marlene Dietrich
Errol Flynn
Clark Gable
Cary Grant
Paul Newman
Apologies to the guys if I'm setting a bad example for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.