Saturday, March 12, 2011

Haven't I seen you somewhere before?

This has happened to me twice in the last few years. I'll name those examples.

  • As I was watching The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus last January, I was intrigued by the young actor playing Anton. In the back of my mind, I was thinking that I would be seeing more of this kid. Sure enough that prediction was true; over six months later, I would be watching Andrew Garfield in The Social Network.
  • Halloween 2009. To commemorate that holiday weekend, I decided to watch Psycho, Rosemary's Baby and The Shining. (Didn't get that much sleep that weekend, safe to say.) Anyway, there's a certain scene from Rosemary's Baby that has been stuck in my head for a while. It's where Rosemary calls the actor who went blind and was replaced by Guy. Like Rosemary when she listens to the actor speak, I had a feeling I heard that voice somewhere before (when in reality I haven't). A few weeks later, I would be hearing that voice again in a movie, only this time I would get to see who spoke with that voice: Tony Curtis.
So have scenarios like that happen to you?

2 comments:

  1. All.
    The.
    Time.

    There have been multiple occasions where I've paused a film to IMDB a character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought that Andrew Garfield was overrated until you reminded me that he was in Parnassus. But then Gilliam's very good with actors

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.