Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Diner

Of course I've stated that most of my favorite movies are from the 1950's. But what do I think of movies set in the 1950's?

Barry Levinson's Diner focuses on five best friends in 1959 Baltimore reflecting on what their futures hold for them. They're college age, but maturity hasn't really kicked in for any of them yet.

The highlight of Diner is the screenplay. The dialogue just flows naturally. It doesn't sound superficial in any of the lines. It sounds like normal conversation. Good thing it got nominated too.

Although far from being one of the best movies I've seen, I have to say Diner is a very good movie. The performances are very good, the story is very good and the mood is quite good. The only problem I had was that the story had a few weak spots. That aside, Diner, as I said before, is very good.

My Rating: ****1/2

1 comment:

  1. My only main problem with this film was that some parts were a lot more weaker than others but I thought the cast was awesome, especially Mickey Rourke. Good Review!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.