Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Criterion

To those who are devotees to the company, Criterion had a 50% off sale for all inventory today. And yes, I took full advantage of it. I went to the closest store that sells Criterion DVDs and purchsed:
  • Insignificance
  • Diabolique
  • Wings of Desire
  • The Last Emperor
And these add to the other Criterion DVDs I own, which are:
  • Sweet Smell of Success
  • Ace in the Hole
  • The Night of the Hunter
  • The Thin Red Line
  • 8 1/2
In short, best day ever. Which Criterion DVDs do you own?

4 comments:

  1. On my wishlist:

    The BBS Boxset
    Hoop Dreams
    The Ice Storm
    Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tally up the Criterions I own, but it's a pretty good amount. I got the following Blu-Rays today:

    Insignificance
    Kiss Me Deadly
    Naked
    People on Sunday
    Smiles of a Summer Night

    The following come out before the sale ends and I plan to get them:

    The Beauty and the Beast
    High and Low
    The Music Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. I own all of them, except for Kiss Me Deadly (which was sold out; I'll get my copy next week) and Withnail & I, which I'll obtain eventually even though it's out of print and I already have the non-Criterion blu-ray that was released last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weird that I didn't get a notice on my dashboard that you posted this up, too.

    Found out through John Likes Movies, but either way, I am absolutely stoked (as they look like they do UK shipping, too.)

    As I said to John, out comes my bank card. (At least I am getting paid soon, and hey, I could hawk this off as being an early birthday present...)

    Sweet Smell is a great Criterion! I think we have The Night of the Hunter Criterion in our house, too, but I am not entirely sure.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated. More so if they are appropriate.